Tuesday 11 May 2010

How Many Sessions?

From Yahoo! Answers


Question
On average, how many hypnosis sessions till it works?
How many? Lets say average.

My Answer:
Hi Adam

Hmmm, you know that's a bit like asking how long it will take to fix your car without telling the mechanic whether it won't start or it's been totalled in a head on collision.

You should know in the first session whether you can be hypnotised or not. Not everyone is a good hypnotee. That said, a few people don't go until the second session - I don't know why. So in my practice if I haven't been able to hypnotise the patient in the first session I won't have them back unless they really insist. If I don't get them in the second session I draw the line.

As soon as you get hypnotised you ought to start getting benefits. Maybe not a whole cure, but benefits. If there's a lot of psychological stuff driving your issues then that's going to have to be worked through. There's no point taking away someone's crutch without healing the lameness - they'll only find another crutch, or fall over.

And, then, how long it takes will be down to how quickly your mind is ready to go. I've seen patients whose subconscious mind held out until the eighth session when they could have taken their fix in the first.

I'm sorry there's no x-sessions answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment