Thursday 13 May 2010

Conscious Unconscious Confusion Unfusion

From Yahoo! Answers

Question
For hypnosis volunteers: what happened when you went under?
I saw a hypnotist show recently and it was totally hilarious.

For the volunteers, was it bizarre to you? Would you do it again?

My Answer:
Hi Michael

I'm sorry I can't answer your question, but I have never been a volunteer for a stage hypnotist.

I'm replying because Chris said "when you're in hypnosis ... your unconscious mind has dominance over you conscious mind ... you are conscious, focused, in control ..."

And that just does not make any sense. Forget whether you know anything about hypnosis or not, one cannot argue the merits of being conscious AND that your unconscious mind is dominant at the same time. It's a logical fallacy.

Best wishes

Barry Thain
Clinical Hypnotist
Source(s):

No comments:

Post a Comment