Wednesday 5 May 2010

Hypnosis for Issues like Emotions



From Yahoo! Answers

Can you be hypnotised about anything?

I know that it may take more than one try to get hypnotherapy to work and might need different methods of hypnotists. 
It's common to get hypnotised for things like smoking or eating habits.
But does anyone know if there is a broader range of "issues" you can be hypnotised for?
 
Like emotions...

 

 

Your Answer:

Hi Anonymous

I'm a clinical hypnotist, and have been for a long time. I treat people for a very wide range of physiological and psychological problems, many of which have emotional components.

For clinical hypnotism, or hypnotherapy, to work, however, you need a good hypnotist and a good hypnotee. Finding a good hypnotist will be tricky because most hypotherapists don't use hypnotism. They use relaxation because they have been taught that relaxation IS hypnotism. It isn't.
 

So when you are looking for a good hypnotherapist, go to their website and check their FAQs. If they trot out the mantra that "Hypnosis is completely safe. YOu slip in and out of it naturally several times a day and you can't be made to do anything in hypnosis you wouldn't normally do," my advice would be to move on. Anyone who can say that, doesn't do hypnotism.

You won't know whether you are a good hypnotee until you get with a good hypnotist. I've treated a lot of hypnotherapists who thought they were bad hypnotees because they never got hypnotised when they were training, only to discover they were great hypnotees on my couch (simply because I actually tried to hypnotise them and everyone else had only tried to relax them).
 

If you find a good hypnotist, and if you are a good hypnotee, then hypnosis and hypnotherapy can do things that are as close to real magic as you will ever see. And that includes dealing with emotional issues.

I hope you find the help you seek.

Best wishes

Barry Thain
Clinical Hypnotist

Source(s):

http://www.mindsci-clinic.com
http://www.downloadtherapy.com

2 comments:

  1. I had clinical hypnotherapy for treatment of severe depression 10 years ago (I suffered a major sexual assault when I was very young, and another when I was a teenager, followed by facial plastic surgery (it was supposed to help). I then went on to have self-worth problems, resulting in self-harming for a short while. And joy of joys, that was swiftly followed by post-natal depression, twice).

    I haven't taken an antidepressant since my hypnotherapy, or even seen anything that looks like the black cloud approaching. I didn't think I'd be a good hypnotee, but I was. I did feel in control, but also extraordinarily relaxed. It took quite a few sessions (about 8 in all) as it was a long and painful story to go through, but it was SO worth it.

    My daughter had some sessions with you a couple of years back - and is still feeling the benefits (Squirrel!!!).

    My only advice to anyone considering it would be that you have to trust your hypnotherapist completely - if you don't get on with him or her, it won't work. So interview him or her first to make sure you are comfortable.

    By the way, Barry....just over 3 years ago, I was standing in the corridor outside the Chapel and we were talking about addiction, smoking in particular. The only thing I can remember you saying was something about it being harder to give up than heroin. Less than a week later I had my last cigarette and haven't had one or wanted one since....is this a co-incidence or did you work your magic without me knowing???

    Sweetpeas x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sweetpeas

    LOL. No, I think you stopped smoking all on your own.

    Barry x

    ReplyDelete