Tuesday 29 June 2010

Concentration

From Yahoo! Answers
Question
What do you think about hypnotherapy?
I'm a Christian and I WONDER of hypnotherapy would help me with my coordination. Any comments?

My Answer:
Hi

Being a Christian is not a problem. I've treated quite a few ordained ministers, both Anglican and Catholic. In fact, my Chaplain considers that he and I do similar jobs in that we are both doing our best to help people get through their lives as happily as possible.

Whether hypnotherapy can help you with coordination is another matter. I have treated people who simply could not tell left from right (their brains just didn't do it) and that has been successful. But if the problem stems from a profound neurological deficit then even if hypnotherapy could be used (to exploit the brain's natural plasticity and get a different bit of your brain to take over from the bit that isn't working) that could take too many sessions to make it economically feasible.

And then there's the usual caveat that hypnosis is a great therapy vehicle if you have a good hypnotist and a good hypnotee. It is not the case that anyone calling themselves a hypnotherapist could necessarily help any patient who wanted hypnotherapy, either with this, or with anything else.

Best wishes

Barry Thain
Clinical Hypnotist
Mindsci Clinic
Kingston Hospital
(NHS) Trust
Source(s):
http://www.mindsci-clinic.com
http://www.downloadtherapy.com
http://www.youtube.com/downloadtherapy

No comments:

Post a Comment